The exciting, new, co-op, dino-themed FPS shooter, Second Extinction, is getting an official release in just a couple of months. Avalanche Studios Group’s Systemic Reaction announced that the game is finally leaving Early Access for an official launch on October 20.
You can also check out a new trailer celebrating the game’s full launch announcement below:
SECOND EXTINCTION IS SET FOR A FULL LAUNCH IN OCTOBER
Systemic Reaction announced the full launch release date details during the recent Xbox Showcase. Second Extinction is due for its official release on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and Windows PC. The game spent over two years on early access, going through a number of changes and improvements. Systemic Reaction is promising that the game will deliver the “ultimate dino FPS experience,” along with new content and enhancements that are coming to the game at launch.
Second Extinction will feature the following new features for its upcoming full, official launch in October:
- New In-Game Map & Biome: The launch version will feature a new, savanna-based map that includes some new narrative missions and activities. The new map will double the game area.
- Two New Dinosaurs: The launch version will have two new dinosaurs, including a new flying species, and two new mutations to the game’s current roster.
- Overhauled Progression System: The progression system increases the game’s level cap from 50 to 99. There will also be an updated and expanded difficulty spectrum.
- Free Roaming & Hot Joining: With this new system, players will be able to begin new missions directly from the game map without having to leave their current session. They will also be able to join active games. Additionally, players can bank resources and change their loadouts by going to the bunkers that are spread out across the game’s sandbox.
- Other Improvements: Other new improvements include a revamped War Effort metagame, a revised contract system, new cosmetics, an improved user interface, UX, onboarding, and more.
Second Extinction will feature three-player gameplay as they have to face hordes of hungry dinosaurs in quick, fast battles across post-apocalyptic wastelands on Earth. Players will have the ability to use a range of weapons and abilities, and they will be able to play solo or with their friends against the dinosaurs.
Second Extinction’s dinosaurs are no longer extinct and are now mutated and deadlier than ever before. These dinos look incredibly scary, vicious, nightmarish, and feral with their razor-sharp fangs and bony protrusions.
The War Effort, from its description, sounds like a very intuitive in-game feature. The War Effort will see players having to deal with changing threat levels, dynamic world conditions, emergence events, challenges, and other various threats whenever they drop into the game world.
A new FPS game where players are forced to fight for survival against hungry, bloodthirsty dinosaurs sounds like a lot of fun. The FPS gameplay in the announcement trailer looks smooth, exciting, and action-packed. The mutated dinosaurs look impressive and varied too. Hopefully, fighting these dinosaurs is as fun and exciting as the footage looks.
The in-game sandbox also looks pretty massive and immense. This also looks like a game that players of ARK: Survival Evolved might enjoy. Second Extinction is already currently available via Early Access through Steam and the Epic Games Store.
What do you think about Second Extinction? Is this a cool throwback to dinosaur-themed shooters of old, such as Turok the Dinosaur Hunter? Let us know what you think about the upcoming game on our official Twitter account.
SOURCE: Systemic Reaction
KEEP READING: XBOX GAMES SHOWCASE FAILS TO BRING EXCITEMENT