Netflix renews The Umbrella Academy for a fourth and final season!
Netflix has announced The Umbrella Academy will return for a fourth and final season, giving fans the opportunity to enjoy and say goodbye to the discfunctionally-functional Hargreeves.After preventing yet another world-ending catastrophe, that they are sort of responsible for, the Hargreeves find themselves in a new reality where neither the Sparrow or Umbrella Academy exist. On top of a new world, the Hargreeves are also now without powers. It was a hell of a cliff hanger, but thankfully we will get to see the incredible conclusion of the Hargreeves’ misadventures, and also more series from Steve Blackman.
Steve Blackman Signs for The Umbrella Academy Season 4 and Extends Partnership with Netflix
On top of Season 4, series creator Steve Blackman has extended his partnership with Netflix to write and produce new series and other projects under his newly established Irish Cowboy production banner. Blackman has brought Abbey Morris on board Irish Cowboy as his SVP of Development. Together, they are currently developing Horizon Zero Dawn and Orbital.
I’m so excited that the incredibly loyal fans of The Umbrella Academy will be able to experience the fitting end to the Hargreeves siblings’ journey we began five years ago. But before we get to that conclusion, we’ve got an amazing story ahead for season four, one that will have fans on the edge of their seats until the final minutes.
Horizon Zero Dawn and Orbital are elevated, event-level projects grounded in characters that fans will love and relate to, which are hallmarks of Irish Cowboy productions. We’re thrilled to be working with Netflix and all of our partners on developing these ground-breaking stories.”Steve Blackman
Projects in active development with Steve Blackman and Irish Cowboy Productions include:
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Horizon Zero Dawn is an epic sci-fi adventure series set a thousand years in the future, in a strange and beautiful world full of primitive tribes and high-tech machines, all built on the bones of the ‘Old Ones’ – the ruins of our present-day United States. The disaster that destroyed our world is long forgotten, but when these formerly peaceful machines mysteriously turn into dangerous hunters of all life, a young outcast named Aloy discovers that the only chance to save her world is to fight to uncover what happened to ours. Horizon Zero Dawn has sold over 20 million copies globally across PlayStation 4 and PC. (*as of Nov. 28th 2021)
- Executive Producers: Steve Blackman, Michelle Lovretta and Abbey Morris; Asad Qizilbash and Carter Swan of PlayStation Productions; Jan-Bart van Beek and Ben McCaw of Guerrilla; Roy Lee and Matthew Ball of Vertigo.
- In association with Sony Pictures Television and PlayStation Productions
- Based on the PlayStation Studios video game created by Guerrilla
- Orbital: A thriller event series set on the International Space Station, Orbital is an original concept by writers David & Keith Lynch, who will co-create the series with Steve Blackman and direct an episode.
- Executive Producers: Steve Blackman, Abbey Morris, The Lynch Brothers, Dan Lin, Nick Reynolds, and Jonathan Eirich
- Co-Executive Producers: Ed Barratt and Richard Wylie
ABOUT THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
- Release Date: Seasons 1-3 streaming now
- Created for Television by: Steve Blackman
- Producers: Steve Blackman (Showrunner/EP), Jeff F. King (EP/D), Keith Goldberg (EP), Mike Richardson (EP), Jeremy Webb (EP, 301), Gerard Way (Co-EP), Gabriel Bá (Co-EP), Steve Wakefield (Producer, 301-307)
- Produced by: UCP, a division of Universal Studio Group, for Netflix
- Cast: Elliot Page, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda, Robert Sheehan, Aidan Gallagher, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Justin H. Min, Colm Feore, Ritu Arya, Justin Cornwell, Britne Oldford, Jake Epstein, Genesis Rodriguez, Cazzie David, Javon ‘Wanna’ Walton
- After putting a stop to 1963’s doomsday, the Umbrella Academy return home to the present, convinced they prevented the initial apocalypse and fixed this godforsaken timeline once and for all. But after a brief moment of celebration, they realize things aren’t exactly (okay, not at all) how they left them. Enter the Sparrow Academy. Smart, stylish, and about as warm as a sea of icebergs, the Sparrows immediately clash with the Umbrellas in a violent face-off that turns out to be the least of everyone’s concerns.
Navigating challenges, losses, and surprises of their own – and dealing with an unidentified destructive entity wreaking havoc in the Universe (something they may have caused) — now all they need to do is convince Dad’s new and possibly better family to help them put right what their arrival made wrong. Will they find a way back to their pre-apocalyptic lives? Or is this new world about to reveal more than just a hiccup in the timeline?
Are you excited about The Umbrella Academy Season 4? Will the Hargreeves regain their powers? Is Reginald really the villain? Let us know what you think in the comments below and share all your theories and knowledge of the comic books with us on Twitter.