Are you ready to interact with the world of Borderlands in a new choice-based interactive narrative adventure? Well, 2K and Gearbox Software is ready to deliver with New Tales from the Borderlands! Players will be immersed in a deep and original story full of fame, fortune, and frogurt centered in the war-torn metropolis of Promethea. Players will decide the fates of three underdogs out to make mayhem their business, the altruistic scientist Anu, her ambitious “streetwise” brother Octavio, and the fierce, frogurt-flinging Fran. Check out the adventure that awaits our new favorite heroes in the trailer below.
New Tales from the Borderlands Trailer
As you can see from the New Tales from the Borderlands trailer, players will face down a planetary invasion, vicious vault monster, and cold-hearted capitalist. This cinematic adventure all hinges are the decisions you make! Every choice, big or small, can affect what happens next. It’s a god amount of power that is ridiculously fun to wield. If it’s anything like the first Tales from the Borderlands, you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll curse a lot. It’s something you can’t fully understand unless you play the game. But if you need more convincing, some of the official key features of the game from 2K are provided below.
Some of the Key Features of New Tales of the Borderlands
- THE UNDERDOG STORY OF THREE LOVABLE LOSERS – Decide the fates of altruistic scientist Anu, her ambitious, “streetwise” brother Octavio, and the fierce, frogurt-slinging Fran. With nothing left to lose and everything to gain, you’ll claw and con your way through this thrilling five-part story;
- AN EXTRAORDINARY CINEMATIC ADVENTURE – The Borderlands aren’t just home to Vault Hunters, psychos, and weapons-corp CEOs; they’re full of downtrodden, intrepid civilians just trying to get by. With a host of returning and fresh faces, this unforgettable tale is sure to delight fans new and old;
- YOUR CHOICES SHAPE THE OUTCOME – The decisions you make determine how your story ends in unexpected ways. Whether it’s Anu’s vision of a universe that markets more than weapons, Octavio’s dreams of fame and fortune, or Fran’s frosty plot for revenge, their success or failure depends on you.
How to Get Your Copy and Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order to get the Adventure Capital Pack, featuring cosmetics for Anu, Octavio, and Fran, 10,000 in-game currency and an in-game FL4K Vaultlander collectible!* Two editions with digital bonus content allow players to select the option that’s right for them:
- Standard Edition (Digital Only) for $39.99;
- Deluxe Edition (Digital + Physical) for $49.99, which also includes Tales from the Borderlands**
New Tales from the Borderlands will be available worldwide on October 21, 2022, for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store. The ESRB rating for New Tales from the Borderlands is M for Mature.
*Pre-order offer available through October 20, 2022. Digital pre-orders: The Adventure Capital Pack will be delivered via game at launch. Physical pre-orders: Adventure Capital Pack will be delivered via code in box to be redeemed in game. Terms apply.
**Digital orders of New Tales from the Borderlands (Deluxe Edition) on XBOX, PlayStation and PC: a digital copy of Tales from the Borderlands will be automatically entitled at time of pre-order or purchase. Digital orders of New Tales from the Borderlands (Deluxe Edition) on Nintendo Switch: a digital copy of Tales from the Borderlands will be automatically entitled at launch. Physical orders of New Tales from the Borderlands (Deluxe Edition): a digital copy of Tales from the Borderlands will be delivered via code in box. Terms apply. Tales from the Borderlands will be delivered for the same platform format and to the platform account associated with the pre-order or purchase.
Are you excited about the New Tales from the Borderlands announcement? Did you play the original? Which version are you going to pre-order? Let us know your thoughts and share you hopes for the game with us on Twitter.