Nickelodeon is bringing Spongebob Universe, Rugrats, Transformers: Earthspark, Monster High: The Movie. Avatar: The Last Airbender, and more to San Diego Comic-Con 2022
Nickelodeon is the number-one entertainment brand for kids, but all ages will be clamoring for what they are bringing to this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. Nickelodeon will be bringing its iconic characters to life and give fans an immersive experience at its booth and panels, showcasing SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Tommy Pickles, Angelica Pickles, Bumblebee, Clawdeen Wolf, Avatar Aang, and more in the 1,800 square-foot booth (#4311) in the San Diego Convention Center. This year’s big centerpiece is a 16-foot-tall Bumblebee from Transformers: EarthSpark which is an amazing photo opportunity and AR experience.
The Nickelodeon booth will also feature an immersive Monster High: The Movie activation, where fans can compete against the clock to match objects to lockers; an 8-foot-long underwater television from The Patrick Star Show that fans can step inside; a Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years photo opportunity; a Rugrats photo opportunity; an Avatar: The Last Airbender-themed retail area featuring a custom t-shirt station and one-of-a-kind, exclusive collectibles; costumed-character appearances; and autograph signings with the voice casts and producers from SpongeBob Universe, Rugrats, Transformers: EarthSpark and Avatar: Braving the Elements podcast.
RELATED: San Diego Comic-Con 2022: Awesome Schedule of Panels
On top of the booth experience, Nickelodeon will also be presenting four panels: Nickelodeon’s Rugrats: The Babies are Back!, an exclusive look at the all-new series; SpongeBob SquarePants: Dive into SpongeBob Universe!, a deep dive into the iconic franchise; Introducing Transformers: EarthSpark!, an insider event that celebrates a new take on the global franchise; and Avatar: Braving the Elements – LIVE!, a behind-the-scenes look at how Avatar was brought to life.
More details on all of Nickelodeon’s San Diego Comic-Con 2022 plans are below:
· Nickelodeon’s Rugrats: The Babies are Back!
Thursday, July 21, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Room: 6BCF): Hold on to your diapies, throw “Cynthia’s Workout” on the stereo, and HALT! for Reptar – your favorite babies are back and better than ever! Join voice talent from the Paramount+ Original Series Rugrats, EG Daily (Tommy), Cheryl Chase (Angelica), and Charlet Chung (Kimi), along with executive producer Eryk Casemiro as they bust out of the playpen to give fans an exclusive look at behind-the-scenes art and sneak peeks of never-before-seen content, perform a live table-read, and provide answers to popular questions. A baby’s gotta do what a baby’s gotta do! Moderated by Jim Viscardi, Executive Editor, Comicbook.com.
· SpongeBob SquarePants: Dive into SpongeBob Universe!
Thursday, July 21, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Room: 6BCF): Put on your diving suit and get ready to delve deep into Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants and its two original spinoff series, The Patrick Star Show and the Paramount+ Original Series, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years. Legendary voice talent from all three series–Tom Kenny (SpongeBob), Bill Fagerbakke (Patrick), Jill Talley (Karen, Squidina), Kate Higgins (Narlene), and Carlos Alazraqui (Nobby) —and executive producers Marc Ceccarelli and Vincent Waller will take fans on an undersea adventure to explore these iconic shows and characters and reveal what to expect next from SpongeBob and the denizens of Bikini Bottom. Moderated by Patrick Gomez, Editor-in-Chief, Entertainment Weekly.
· Introducing Transformers: EarthSpark!
Friday, July 22, 2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. (Room: 6A): Autobots, Roll Out! Meet the next generation of heroes in the new original animated series, Transformers: EarthSpark. From Nickelodeon and Entertainment One, the all-new Paramount+ Original Series will showcase an insider event that celebrates a new take on the iconic global franchise with a behind-the-scenes look at art, casting, never-before-seen clips and a first time look at the Hasbro toyline inspired by the series. Featured panelists include all-new series voice talent– Danny Pudi (Bumblebee), Kat Khavari (Twitch) and Zeno Robinson (Thrash)–along with co-executive producer Dale Malinowski and executive producer Ant Ward.Moderated by Mike Cecchini, Editor-in-Chief, Den of Geek.
· Avatar: Braving the Elements – LIVE!
Friday, July 22, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Room: 6A): Ready to explore the amazing world of Avatar: The Last Airbender? Avatar: Braving the Elements, the official companion podcast co-produced by Nickelodeon and iHeartRadio, is back for season 2 and bringing you an episode live from San Diego Comic Con! Join hosts Janet Varney (the voice of Korra) and Dante Basco (the voice of Prince Zuko), along with special guests, for a one-of-a-kind panel that takes you behind the scenes of how Avatar was brought to life like never before!
RELATED: Mattel Announces Gargantuan Presence at San Diego Comic-Con 2022
DAILY BOOTH ACTIVITY
- Transformers: EarthSpark Photo Opportunity and AR Experience: Fans can take photos with fan-favorite Bumblebee and new characters Twitch, Thrash, Robby Malto and Mo Malto from the upcoming all-new series. Attendees can also scan different objects in the space with a QR code to make elements animate with sounds and lights.
- Monster High: The Movie Experience: It’s time to join in on the building anticipation for the upcoming live-action movie musical based on the iconic Monster High franchise about the children of famous monsters and creatures. Beneath the 22-foot tall clock tower, compete against the clock to match objects to lockers designed with each character in mind. Correctly place objects to their respective lockers before time runs out!
- The Patrick Star Show Photo Opportunity: Step inside Patrick’s underwater television set and snap a photo with the world’s most famous sea star.
- Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years Photo Opportunity: Gather around the campfire and take a photo with 10-year-old SpongeBob, best pal Patrick Star and camp counselor Squidward.
- Rugrats Photo Opportunity: Take a selfie with the iconic babies–Tommy, Chuckie, Angelica, Susie, Kimi, Phil and Lil, and pet dog Spike–of Rugrats!
- Customized T-Shirt Station: Fans can purchase a t-shirt from the retail shop and customize it on the spot with characters and art from their choice of 10 fan-favorite Nick shows: SpongeBob SquarePants, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years, The Patrick Star Show, Rugrats, Big Nate, The Legend of Korra, Hey Arnold!, The Fairly OddParents, Rocket Power and The Wild Thornberrys.
- Autograph Signings: Signing opportunities with SpongeBob Universe voice talent and producers, Rugrats voice talent, Transformers: EarthSpark voice talent and producers, and Avatar: Braving the Elements Janet Varney and Dante Basco.
- Costumed-Character Appearances: SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick Star of SpongeBob SquarePants will make appearances at Nick’s booth at select times during the convention.
- Retail: Attendees can purchase Comic-Con exclusive figures and collectibles, t-shirts, pins and more.
- Giveaways: Special giveaways and posters will be handed out throughout the convention.
What do you think of Nickelodeon’s San Diego Comic-Con plans? Which panel do you want to attend the most and why is it Monster High: The Movie? Do you think that underwater is straight from Bikini Bottom? Let us know what you think in the comments below and talk all things Comic-Con with us on Twitter.
KEEP READING: HBO Max & Cartoon Network Unveil Their Astonishing Kids & Family San Diego Comic-Con 2022 Lineup