Warner Bros. Discovery has announced an all-new preschool show set in the Looney Tunes universe titled, Bugs Bunny Builders.
Official Looney Tunes: Bugs Bunny Builders Press Release
Burbank, CA (June 14, 2022) – Grab those hard hats and fasten that tool belt, a Looney construction crew is heading to town! Bugs Bunny Builders, the first Looney Tunes preschool show in over 20 years, premieres Monday, July 25 at 8:00 a.m. ET/PT on Cartoonito on Cartoon Network and Tuesday, July 26 on Cartoonito on HBO Max. The series will also premiere globally beginning in LATAM on July 26.
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, the new preschool series is a first of its kind in Looney Tunes history, combining the wackiness, humor, and slapstick of the iconic characters with a modern Humancentric Learning curriculum. The educational framework will promote children’s fascination with building and design, helping preschoolers cultivate essential skills—including self-expression, problem-solving, collaboration, communication, scientific and mathematical thinking—and emphasizing that if you can imagine it, you can build it!
“Filled with the big ideas and idiosyncratic humor of classic Looney Tunes, we think this will be one of the looniest building shows geared towards preschoolers out there,” said Amy Friedman, head of kids & family programming, Warner Bros. “This show will serve as a great entry point for little ones to observe that anything is both possible and hilarious — and with Lola front and center, this is built equally for girls and boys.”
“Like so many of us, Looney Tunes was a predominant part of my childhood. These iconic characters were a major influence on my personal style of comedy that I have applied throughout my career,” said Abe Audish, supervising producer, Bugs Bunny Builders. “It’s an honor to foster the next generation of Looney Tunes fans and offer them a new series that stays true to the core of each character while adding a fresh, modern spin.”
In Bugs Bunny Builders, Bugs and Lola are managers of the Looney Builders construction crew comprised of Daffy, Porky, Tweety, and more familiar Looney faces. Together, the team helps their fellow citizens of Looneyburg with zany building projects. Whether building a thrilling new racetrack or creating an out-of-this-world ice cream sundae, no job is too big or wild for the Looney Builders when they work as a team and utilize their super-looney tools and souped-up vehicles.
The show offers parents the chance to share their favorite Looney Tunes characters with their preschooler while also teaching little ones about the technical, creative, social, and emotional rewards of the building and design process. By watching the Looney Builders imagine, build, and fix their extraordinary creations, girls and boys will be inspired to create their own imaginative builds offscreen.
“It’s no mistake that the block corner is one of the most engaging places in the preschool classroom. It’s where curiosity, creativity, and teamwork meet!” said Dr. Laura Brown, curriculum director at Cartoonito. “Drawing inspiration from children’s passion for building, Bugs Bunny Builders supports understanding of the design thinking process (imagine, build, fix) and inspires viewers to think creatively, work together and manage challenges.”
Looney Tunes veteran actor Eric Bauza returns to voice Bugs, Tweety, and Daffy, and fellow Looney Tunes actor Bob Bergen will voice Porky. Chandni Parekh will make her Looney Tunes character debut as Lola. Additional cast members include Jeff Bergman as Sylvester, Alex Cazares as Petunia Pig, and Fred Tatasciore as Taz, among others. Abe Audish serves as showrunner and supervising producer. Sam Register serves as executive producer.
Meet the Looney Builders below:
- Bugs (Jobs: Crew Co-Leader, Digger; Vehicle: Excavator)—Bugs isn’t the kind of Bunny who’s afraid of getting his hands dirty; rabbits are natural diggers after all. He’s a natural born leader with a knack for improvising and still enjoys a good carrot.
- Lola (Jobs: Crew Co-Leader, Architect, Mover; Vehicle: Bulldozer)— Lola is the perfect mix of dreamer and doer. She’s also the reason The Looney Builders are always in demand. Thanks to Lola’s artistic eye and trusty tablet, everything the Looney Builders build is an instant landmark.
Daffy (Job: Hauler; Vehicle: Dump Truck)— Daffy is excitable, impulsive, easily distracted, and well… Daffy! Of all the Looney Builders, Daffy is probably the least worried when things go wrong. In fact, he kinda likes it because it makes things more exciting! But when push comes to shove, he can put his bill down and feather up to see the job through.
Porky (Job: Flattener; Vehicle: Steamroller)— Porky is a reliable, well-meaning perfectionist who wants everything to be “Porky Perfect.” He loves following the rules and thinks from a “safety first” perspective. Porky is also a great listener and always has his crew’s backs.
- Tweety (Job: Lifter; Vehicle: Crane)— Tweety often asks questions to help clarify things, all while being totally adorable! But don’t let his sweet demeanor fool you, Tweety is just as determined as the rest of them. This canary is always looking out for the little guy, has a cute giggle, and really looks up to Bugs and Lola.
- Sylvester (Job: Master Painter; Vehicle: Aerial Lift)— Sylvester is an ornery artist who prefers working alone. He is easily agitated and often keeps to himself. Despite being sthuper confident in his abilities, Sylvester is afraid of heights, which he has to face regularly operating his aerial lift.
- Petunia (Job: Mechanic; Vehicle: Tool Truck)— The Looney Builders’ extraordinary construction vehicles need an extraordinary mechanic. Lucky for them, Petunia Pig is at their vehicle service! Petunia is spunky with an infectious snort-laugh. She is a grease-stained gearhead who enjoys making dramatic entrances and departures.
- Wile E. Coyote (Job: Inventor; Vehicle: Jetpack)— A self-proclaimed super genius, Wile E. Coyote is always inventing the next gadget to help the Looney Builders with their build. He is always serious, often with deadpan delivery, and irritated by many things, including the pesky Road Runner.
- Taz (Job: Demolition; Vehicle: Himself)— If you know Taz, then you know his unique skills aren’t right for every job. But when you need something knocked down, destroyed, or wrecked – he’s the Tasmanian Devil to call!
What are your thoughts on Bugs Bunny Builders? Do you plan to check it out when it premiers next month? Let us know in the comments below. Also, be sure to follow The Illuminerdi on social media to be notified of more Looney Tunes news and updates like this in the future!