Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is coming to digital on June 6, 2022, and home media on July 26, 2022.
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution is bringing Marvel’s multiverse adventure with the ex-Sorceror Supreme is coming to our homes. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is releasing on Digital and Disney+ on June 22, 2022, and 4K UHD, Blu-Ray, and DVD on July 26, 2022. Fans will be able to relive Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) and America Chavez’s (Xochitl Gomez)s terrifying journey to escape the Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen). Watch the official announcement trailer for the home release below.
Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Coming to Digital & Blu-Ray
As a movie nerd, I love the home releases of films because of all the extra features that come with them. Gag reels are a personal favorite, so are extra, extended, or deleted scenes, but the best feature is always the commentary track. Getting in-depth insight and commentary from those so closely involved in the films always yields insight and entertaining points. And with most featurettes and deleted scenes ending up on YouTube, an audio commentary track seems like the bare minimum for a home release. Otherwise, it’s lackluster, like Spider-Man: No Way Home‘s commentary-lacking home release. Hopefully “The More Fun Stuff Version” makes up for it.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Bonus Features*
- Method to the Madness – Join various crew members and Marvel employees in interviews as they discuss their love of Sam Raimi and all the details of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness that make it quintessentially Raimi.
- Introducing America Chavez – In this short and fun profile piece, we’ll learn about America’s humble beginnings in the comics. We’ll meet Xochitl Gomez and discuss the complications her character’s unique power presents for the future of the MCU.
- Constructing the Multiverse – Writing a feature film for Marvel is no easy task. In this playful yet informative featurette, we’ll dive into the challenges that writer Michael Waldron faced in creating the twisting and turning story of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- A Great Team – A journalist questions Doctor Strange’s integrity.
- Pizza Poppa – Bruce is relieved when Doctor Strange’s spell ends.
- It’s Not Permanent – Bruce tries to accuse Doctor Strange of being an imposter.
- View the film with audio commentary by Sam Raimi, Richie Palmer, and Michael Waldron.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Additional Product Specifications
- Digital: 2:39
- Physical: 2:39:1
- 4K Ultra HD: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
- Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
- DVD: English 5.1 Dolby, English AD 2.0 Dolby, French 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby
- Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
- 4K Ultra HD: English SDH, Spanish, French
- Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French
- DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French
- Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)
The commentary track featuring Sam Raimi and Michael Waldron already makes this a must-have home media release. Unfortunately, we don’t know if the track will be included with the Disney+ and Digital Release, or if it will be exclusive to the physical home media releases. We’ll provide an update once we know or when we do our breakdown of the home media content. Regardless, hearing Raimi’s insight on the film is going to be amazing.
ABOUT DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS
Release Date: Digital and Disney Plus on June 22, 2022, and 4K UHD, Blu-Ray, and DVD on July 26, 2022
Director: Sam Raimi
Screenplay: Michael Wardon
Producer: Kevin Feige
Executive Producers: Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Eric Hauserman Carroll, Scott Derrickson, Jamie Christopher
Music: Danny Elfman
Cast: Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Benedict Wong, Xochitl Gomez, with Michael Stühlbarg, Rachel McAdams
Run Time: Approx. 126 minutes
Journey into the unknown in Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. When the MCU unlocks the Multiverse, Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) must enlist help from old and new allies as he traverses mind-bending and dangerous alternate realities in order to confront a surprising adversary.
Will you be picking up Doctors Strange in the Multiverse of Madness on digital or 4K UHD, Blu-Ray, or DVD? What are your favorite bonus features of home releases? Do you wish there was a commentary track with the cast? Let us know what you think in the comments below and show us your movie collections on Twitter!
Source: Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution