Netflix debuts the official trailer for The Umbrella Academy Season 3.
Just a little over a month until we reunite with the lovable, albeit a bit dysfunctional, Hargeeves siblings as they save the world from the doom they tend to cause. This time, however, it looks like we will get even more Hargreeves as their time-traveling adventures have led to them creating an alternate timeline where they weren’t adopted by Reginald and The Umbrella Academy was never created. Instead, Reginald Hargreeves founded The Sparrow Academy, and it seems he was able to work out the discipline problems, as well as keep Ben from dying.
The Umbrella Academy Season 3 Official Trailer
Despite the crazy and dramatic situation, the trailer makes Season 3 look as fun and entertaining as the others. That includes the foul language, the often body-destroying action, and even some dancing. The interactions with this timeline’s Ben seem like a particularly rich vein for comedy that also likely leads to some powerfully emotional scenes as the season progresses. Another thing to look forward to that the trailer hints at but doesn’t show, is the possibility of The Umbrella Academy Hargreeves running into their counterparts of the timeline. Season 3 is going to be crazy! To hype fans up even more, Netflix also shared new stills.
New The Umbrella Academy Season 3 Stills
Season 3 looks to continue with the dysfunctional, yet palpable love, of this superpowered misfit family. It also seems to want to include the new Hargreeves as they are all siblings in a sense. The fact that Reginald and Ben are alive is definitely going to major point of contention. Was this Reginald able to correct his mistakes, or are The Umbrella Academy students really just that dysfunctional to cause the death of those around them? Considering they’ve ended the world twice, the latter is a likely possibility, but the fans will continue to love them regardless.
The Umbrella Academy Season 3 premieres exclusively on Netflix on June 22, 2022.
ABOUT THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
- Release Date: June 22, 2022
- Created for Television by: Steve Blackman
- Producers: Steve Blackman (Showrunner/EP), Jeff F. King (EP/D), Keith Goldberg (EP), Mike Richardson (EP), Jeremy Webb (EP, 301), Gerard Way (Co-EP), Gabriel Bá (Co-EP), Steve Wakefield (Producer, 301-307)
- Produced by: UCP, a division of Universal Studio Group, for Netflix
- Cast: Elliot Page, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda, Robert Sheehan, Aidan Gallagher, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Justin H. Min, Colm Feore, Ritu Arya, Justin Cornwell, Britne Oldford, Jake Epstein, Genesis Rodriguez, Cazzie David, Javon ‘Wanna’ Walton
- After putting a stop to 1963’s doomsday, the Umbrella Academy return home to the present, convinced they prevented the initial apocalypse and fixed this godforsaken timeline once and for all. But after a brief moment of celebration, they realize things aren’t exactly (okay, not at all) how they left them. Enter the Sparrow Academy. Smart, stylish, and about as warm as a sea of icebergs, the Sparrows immediately clash with the Umbrellas in a violent face-off that turns out to be the least of everyone’s concerns.
Navigating challenges, losses, and surprises of their own – and dealing with an unidentified destructive entity wreaking havoc in the Universe (something they may have caused) — now all they need to do is convince Dad’s new and possibly better family to help them put right what their arrival made wrong. Will they find a way back to their pre-apocalyptic lives? Or is this new world about to reveal more than just a hiccup in the timeline?
What do you think about The Umbrella Academy Season 3 trailer? Do you think the Sparrow Academy is the disciplined and functional version of them?? Will killing Sparra Ben bring back the Ben original Hargreeves? Let us know what you think in the comments below and share all your theories and knowledge of the comic books with us on Twitter.
KEEP READING: She-Hulk Smashes The Internet With Wild New Trailer