Godfall, from Gearbox Publishing and Counterplay Games, now has an Ultimate Edition that comes with all the updates, expansion, and previously exclusive pre-order bonuses.
Take down gods and mythical creatures with amazing elemental-based combat in Godfall: Ultimate Edition. Players can team up with up to five other players, or go it alone, in this third-person melee-based combat system. Players choose from among 12 Valorplates to arm themselves as they attempt to master the five weapon classes in order to defeat Macros and his underlings.
“Godfall: Ultimate Edition is the culmination of the hard work our team has poured into this game since launch. It’s our love letter to all our players, and to those on Xbox and Steam who’ve been looking forward to playing it… Our team put in amazing work on this free Exalted Update containing fresh content and key improvements players have passionately asked for. We can’t wait for players new and old to experience the main game story enhancements, feel the full impact of the Valorplates’ new Shard system, and tinker to their heart’s content with the addition of loadouts. This is THE version we’ve always hoped you’d get to experience.”Keith Lee, CEO at Counterplay Games
Godfall: Ultimate Edition Trailer
The game looks gorgeous and the gameplay seems intense badass. Throw in the family drama, Godfall has the key elements of a great game. The ability to play with 6-player co-op is a dream come true. Granted as an adult, getting six players to do anything is a task and adventure in its own right. But I like that the option is there and somewhere there’s a group of friends gaming together. The game currently has a 61 on Metacritic, to mostly mixed feelings, which tells me that if this is your genre it’s probably great. Plus the pricepoint and entirety of content is a kind of unbeatable right now.
But if you want to know more, here’s a high-level overview provided by Gearbox Publishing
A high-level overview of Godfall: Ultimate Edition:
Obtain God-like Armor
Choose from among 12 unique Valorplates, each with diverse powers and collectable Valorplate Shards that can be upgraded as you level up, unlocking Ascendant and Exalted Valorplates. Master all five weapon classes, each with their own play styles and a variety of longswords, polearms, warhammers, greatswords, and dual blades. Once you’ve reached level 50, power up beyond the level cap to obtain new Ascension Powers and bonuses.
Take on the Epic Campaign in Single-Player and Co-op
Adventure across the three elemental realms of Aperion alone or with up to two other players as you battle towards the final confrontation with the twisted fallen knight, Macros. Then take on Moirax and the Flameblood Tribe in the deadly Fire Realm from the Fire & Darkness Expansion. The Exalted Update brings a host of story updates and enhancements making the experience more immersive than ever.
The Tinkerer’s Dream
There is no shortage of awesome loot to obtain in Godfall. Customize and save up to three loadouts for each Valorplate, continue experimenting until you’ve found the ultimate build befitting a god!
An Array of Rewarding Endgame Activities
Matchmake with up to two other players to challenge unique endgame modes such as Dreamstones, Tower of Trials, Lightbringer, and the six-player Spirit Realms. Test your limits against increasingly ferocious enemies in the Ascended or Exalted Tower of Trials, all in the pursuit of legendary gear.
Godfall features cross-gen matchmaking for players on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, and for players on PlayStation 4 and 5. Players on Steam and Epic Games Store can also matchmake together.
Instantly Boost Your Player Level to Max Level
All players have the option to immediately jump to Player Level 50, which comes with a plethora of skill points and a spread of deadly weapons for your Valorplates. This allows you to immediately jump into endgame activities, or catch up to friends if you got a late start.
Major Player-Requested Features
The free Exalted Update, which launches alongside Godfall: Ultimate Edition on April 7, includes a slew of fan-requested features and enhancements. Combat is faster and more fluid with a knockdown recovery skill; inventory management is more streamlined and robust; the story experience has been enhanced, and there are now dozens of new weapons and shield cosmetics to unlock.
Experience Godfall‘s stunning visuals like never before with next-gen enhancements such as 120hz Mode, Variable Refresh Rate and Dolby Vision for HDR-capable displays, resulting in brighter highlights, sharper contrast, and more vibrant colors.
And here’s an overview of the major changes coming in the Exalted Update, Godfall‘s largest free update to date, which launches on all platforms alongside Godfall: Ultimate Edition on April 7:
- Each of the 12 Valorplates now have four unlockable Shards which provide new ways to customize and enhance your playstyle.
- For example, through Shards Phoenix can ignite enemies more easily through Wildfire Strike, unleash a cone of fire through her shield, and even resurrect herself!
- For a more detailed breakdown of shards, check out Godfall Developer Blog 1, 2, and 3.
Ascendant and Exalted Valorplates
- Collecting all four Shards will unlock a Valorplate’s Ascendant form, granting a second passive ability.
- After leveling all four shards up to the max level, the Valorplate will become Exalted, granting a third and final passive, as well as unlocking a visually stunning new cosmetic which can be displayed on the Valorplate podium in the Sanctum.
Experience Godfall’s Enhanced Campaign
- Ravenna and Soras will now accompany Orin and fight alongside him on certain story missions, as well as providing new dialogue in the Sanctum between missions.
- Orin’s twisted brother Macros now has a greater presence throughout the campaign, taunting Orin during story missions and elevating the tension leading up to your epic final confrontation.
- All weapons now come equipped with powerful Timing Attacks that can be unleashed directly after using a weapon technique.
- Knockdown 2.0 is one of the most requested features by fans. Players can now unlock a recovery skill that lets them quickly get back into the fight after being knocked down.
- A Revive system has been added, allowing players to revive each other during co-op!
Reworked Realm Bosses
- The Sigil mechanic has been removed in favor of streamlining how Realm Bosses work. Now players can challenge Realm Bosses as soon as the story allows.
- However, each Realm Boss now has three captains scattered throughout their realm. Defeating the captains will remove powerful banes that would otherwise make the Realm Boss fight much more challenging.
Fan-Requested Quality of Life Enhancements
- Godfall has a ton of awesome loot to earn, and the Exalted Update provides a variety of new ways to sort and manage your growing inventory.
- Designed to be the tinkerer’s dream, Godfall‘s new loadout menu provides players the ability to save up to three custom builds per Valorplate, including unique skill grids!
Exalted Tower of Trials
- Test your skills against enemies that scale up level 150 and multiple bosses that spawn simultaneously in Godfall‘s ultimate endgame challenge.
- Earn unique new weapons with triple primary traits!
All-New Spirit Realms Mode for up to 6 players
- Matchmake with up to five other players for Godfall‘s greatest co-op experience to date!
- Utilize Spirit Vision to battle enemies and discover secrets hidden between the Material and Spirit planes as you collect Elder Souls.
- Use Elder Souls to unlock the Elder Gate and take on Godfall‘s array of deadly bosses with unique spirit vision mechanics.
- Collect Shards of Macros to gain powerful boons that last the entire duration of your Spirit Realms run.
- Earn awesome new Augments with double primary traits.
Godfall: Ultimate Edition is now available digitally for PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S|X, Xbox One, Epic Games Store, and Steam.
About Godfall: Ultimate Edition
Developer: Counterplay Games
Publisher: Gearbox Publishing
Engine: Unreal Engine 4
Platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and Series S, Microsoft Windows
Modes: Single-player video game, Multiplayer video game
Genres: Action role-playing game, Action game, Adventure game
Godfall: Ultimate Edition is the best and most complete way to enjoy Godfall. Experience every update and improvement since launch assembled in one Ultimate package. Godfall: Ultimate Edition includes the base game, Fire & Darkness Expansion, and the Ascended and Pre-order Cosmetic Packs for your journey.
Have you played Godfall? Will you be getting the Ultimate Edition? What’s the best co-op game you can think of? Let us know in the comments below and share your reactions and recommendations with us on Twitter.
Source: Gearbox Publishing