The weather is getting hot, there’s only so many variations of bread one can make, and although some cities are loosening stay-at-home orders, Disney is no closer to announcing a definite date for the reopening of their parks in the US.
Don’t fret! Put on your favorite Disney playlist, pull out those Mickey Ears and get the whole family involved with these simple DIY treats. Yes, Disney has officially released their recipes for their mouthwatering churros, and creamy but refreshing frozen Dole Whip.
Vegans will be excited to know that the Dole Whip contains zero dairy. Surprising, right? You can also try using Aquafaba (the liquid drained from a can of garbanzo beans) for your egg substitute in the churro recipe. Now, without further ado:
FROZEN DOLE WHIP RECIPE
- 1 big scoop of ice cream
- 4 oz of pineapple juice
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple
- Add all ingredients to a blender until it’s a thick drink.
- Add your swirl and then you’re done.
Ok, so maybe the recipe released on the Disney app wasn’t exactly aiming to be dairy free, which is confusing considering the fact that the ones served in the park are in fact vegan. So feel free to use soy, oat, almond, or coconut milk ice cream, or you can use the recipe provided by Dole.
- 1 cup pineapple juice (frozen)
- 1 banana (peeled and frozen)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 to 1/2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk
CINNAMON SUGAR COATED CHURROS RECIPE
–1 cup water
–8 tablespoons butter
–¼ teaspoon salt
–¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
–1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
–1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
–½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce
FOR THE LEGAL DRINKING AGE CROWD
Sometimes we need to partake in some thematic adult beverages, especially while we plan for our at-home Hamilton watch party. While there’s no Thomas Jefferson themed drinks here, you can find something for the summer season. I, for one, cannot wait to get cracking on these recipes including Shipwreck on The Rocks. Please drink responsibly.
Do you have your own favorite homemade House of Mouse recipe, or an official one you’d like to see? Let us know in the comments below, and social distance safely!